STUDIO RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Local Project provides a multifunctional creative working environment of artists and cultural producers and in addition to a number of other opportunities in Long Island City, Queens, New York.
Local Project’s residency program is for local artists, as well as artists from all over the world, curators and cultural producers in all media. At LP we produce weekly events, workshops, informal networking events, as well as many open call opportunities that we encourage our residents to participate in. We have a welcoming community of other artists in the building.
Our space is perfect for: Public presentations, community engagements, artist talks, performance, studio visits, screenings and short term exhibitions. At LP we will help you develop your project and find resources to complete your ideas. You will also receive:
- Website development support.
- Documentation of your entire residency.
- A 8×8 ft semi-private studio space.
- Assistance through the LP internship program*
- Free entrance to MoMA Museum.
- Access to Material for the Arts, New York’s premiere reuse center.
- Help finding local resources, entrance to neighborhood museums and meetings + meet-up with artist in the LIC, Queens area.
- Exposure, LP has countless friends and opportunities.
- Inclusion in the LIC Arts Open Catalog.
- Inclusion in any open calls posted and/or produced by LP that can feature your work.
- You will be part of our programming by developing public programs for the community during your residency at LP.
- (*LP currently has a yearly internship program with the Information Technology High School, residents will be able to receive support through this program).
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by a panel of LP administrators. There are 3 and 6 month long residency options.
- 3 month residence will conclude with a talk and presentation of a final project at our gallery space.
- 6 month residency concludes with a 2 week exhibition and talk/presentation of a final project at our gallery space.
- At the moment there is no financial support for a studio, however LP will work together with artist to seek financial support and individual donors to help artist during their residency stay. Monthly fee for the studio residency is $450. To apply please send an email telling us about your artistic practice and we will set up a visit, we are looking to find someone no later than December 1, 2015