Local Project is currently accepting submissions for “TRASH”, a group exhibition that will inspire a conversation about the environment through art. We ask the question, “what is our relationship with trash?” How could something that was once loved, treasured or used be tossed away? Can we give these objects a second chance and utilize them to create something new and beautiful?
Artists are invited to submit works that are created using trash or works that showcase trash as the main subject matter. Special consideration will be given to works that use recycled, refurbished, repurposed and/or reimagined materials. All mediums welcome: video, photography, sculpture, painting, drawing, mixed media, etc.
Deadline to Submit: Sunday, October 23rd at 5pm
Notification: Tuesday, October 25th
Drop off: Sunday, October 30th and Monday, October 31st (time TBA)
Opening: Saturday, November 5th 5PM-8PM
On view until Saturday, November 26th (gallery hours TBA)
Pick up: Sunday, November 27th and Monday, November 28th (time TBA)
- Artwork must be original and come from you, the artist. (no digital reproductions)
- There is NO Submission Fee. Accepted artists are required to pay a hanging fee of $30 via cash, check, or Venmo. Hanging fees go directly toward the expenses of the exhibition and the opening reception. Payment must be made by the time the work is dropped off.
- Work must be ready to hang. (framed or wired, no clips or pins)
- No size restrictions.
- Local Project takes 30% of all sales that occur during the exhibition. LP prefers artwork to be priced under $1,000. Sales are finalized at the end of the exhibition.
- This exhibition will be curated by Tim Kelly.
- Artists are responsible for the drop-off and pick-up of their artwork. Local Project is not responsible for artwork left without notice for more than a week after the end of the show.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please submit up to 2 images via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include TRASH in the subject of the email. In the body of the email, include the following for each submitted work: title, year, dimension, material, price. Jpegs must not exceed 2mb. Please embed the title of the piece in each file name. For video/audio works, please send a link to the submitted work.